- Home Page
- March 26, 2002
- The Cirque de Aviation Securité
- by Victor Trombettas
- It's really not funny, actually.
- If you thought Reading and Math scores were low in New York
City Public Schools, the Transportation Department's report card
would be immediate grounds for expulsion. I finally figured out
who the skies are "friendly" for. The terrorists. Along
with our horrific immigration policies, we've pretty much told
the world, "send us your disenchanted, your madmen, your
extremists yearning to blow our heads off".
Today reported that in extensive security checks in airports
around the country conducted between November and February:
- Investigators carried knives past screeners in more than
70% of tests.
- Screeners failed to spot guns in 30% of tests.
- Screeners failed to detect simulated explosive devices in
60% of tests.
- Overall, screeners failed to stop prohibited items in 48%
- Investigators either secretly boarded an aircraft or gained
access to the airport tarmac in 48% of tests.
- In other words, if 10 terrorists coordinate an attack on
any given day ... 6 of them could blow planes out of the sky.
- If 20 terrorists coordinate an attack, 10 of them might be
able to get on a plane and wreak havoc.
- This is unbelievable. This is unacceptable. This is a scandal.
- We can only hope at this point that the new Transportation
Security Authority will turn this around.
your email to the Editor. Please
provide your full name, city, and state. Thanks for your comments!