- U.S.Read Home Page
- May 18, 2002
- Spokesman for U.N. Secretary-General Responds to U.S.
Read's May 9th Open Letter
- Date: 5/14/2002
- From: Frederic Eckhard - Spokesman for the U.N. Secretary-General
- To: U.S. Read
- I said on the record that the Secretary-General called for
the Jenin Investigation at the invitation of Shimon Peres and
with the strong backing of the United States.
- If you accept that, there is no need to answer your other
- The Secretary-General does very few interviews and there
is a long line, so I hope you won't be offended if I tell you
that it won't be possible for him to see you in the short term.
- Frederic Eckhard
- Spokesman for the U.N. Secretary-General
- U.S. Read Responds:
- May 17, 2002
- Dear Mr. Eckhard,
- Thank you for your response.
- I infer from your statement that the Secretary-General
would have called for a formal U.N. Investigation into any one
of the many attrocities encouraged or directly supported by the
Palestinian Authority (PA) if the United States and possibly
an Israeli or Palestinian Political Leader had requested such
- If such "invitations" have not been made, and
I assume from your statement they have not, if the invitations
are made to the Secretary-General now, can we expect the
U.N. will order and conduct a thorough, probing investigation
into any one (if not all) of the many attrocities carried out
against innocent Israeli civilians? Can we expect the U.N. to
investigate the infrastructure that supports the growth of terrorism
within the West Bank and Gaza?
- I do not see any reasonable answer to these questions
other than ... "Yes". Anything short of that will give
objective, clear-minded individuals the strong impression there
is a bias against Israel within the United Nations. But more
importantly, beyond the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, it will
send the message the U.N. believes terrorism is a reasonable
means to an end.
- U.S. Read, but more importantly, Peace-Loving and Fair
Minded People, await the Secretary-General's response.
- Chief Editor
- U.S. Read, Inc.
your email to the Editor. Please
provide your full name, city, and state. Thanks for your comments!
- U.S.Read Home Page