- Home Page
Compressor Stalls - Sample Video
But is This What Happened Early on in the Flight?
- by Victor Trombettas
- Those of us who believe witnesses when they say "listen
to me ... I saw puffs of smoke ... I saw explosions ... I saw
flames .... I saw a fireball .... while the plane was in-flight
... and while the tail was attached", have speculated that
all these people:
- (a) shared a common illusion
- (b) saw these events and they can be explained as compressor
stalls (with particular focus
- on the early fires and explosions seen by witnesses Alpha
and Power since they saw these
- events BEFORE the plane lost control at its peak altitude
- (c) these events were not stalls and are UEEs (Unidentified
Explosive Events) just like the witnesses stated.
- If compressor stalls had occurred around 9:15:39 AM (the
time of the first 0.1g lateral movement) then the FDR must have
picked up that up. NTSB has not found such evidence to date.
Also ... as you will hear from the video below ... compressor
stalls can produce very loud noises; audible to ears on the ground
quite a distance from the craft. NTSB has found no suspicious
sounds to date.
- Would a UEE be heard on the Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR)?
Maybe, and maybe not. It all depends on how large that explosion
is and where on the craft it occurs.
- Click to go to the
to the U.S.Read Home Page where you will see more links to
Flight 587 stories.
your email to the Editor. Please
provide your full name, city, and state. Thanks for your comments!